Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
janardhan
Creator
Creator

In filter Value selection draw a line in line chart

Hi Friends,

For example I have one filter , that filter having five values.. When i select one value i need to draw one line in chart and i select one more value in the same filter i need to display two lines for the current selection, like that i need to display 5 values for 5 lines in a line chart.

Is it possible??

Please help on this.

Thanks in Advance,

Jana

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, use the field in which you make selections as dimension in your line chart. The line chart will draw one line for each selected value or for all values if no selection is made.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
janardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Actually i was using another dimension.

Can u give me some example qvf file

Thanks for replying

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use the field in which you select values as the second dimension. The first dimension will be used for the x-axis values. The second dimension to create the different lines.

janardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

As per my knowledge we can use only one dimension for line chart.

I'm not  able to add one more dimension

dim.PNG

igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III

Hi janardhan,

i would use qsVariable (which you can find here) so you set 1 variable for each Measure u use, set it as button and give 2 alternatives. 1st alternative is 0 and called off the other one is called on and has the value 1.

Now you simply put the variable via $(Variablename) multiplied behind your measure.

I added a .qvf for further examples. BUT you need qsVariable Extension to make it work

Regards

Chris

EDIT: If you set the off alternative to "null()" the line will fully disappear, if you leave it as 0 (number zero) it will be place on the x-axis. Haven't edited this in the Test.qvf file i added.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's because you have more than one measure. A line chart can indeed not show multiple measures over multiple dimensions.

janardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes , i need to use more than one measure.