Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Time needed to prepare Qlik View Developer Certification

Hi All,

I am a qlik view newbie. Just wanted to know how much time will I need to prepare for Qlik view developer cert exam if I study 2 hours Monday- Friday, and 4 hours on Sat-Sun.

Let me also share with you that I have 3 years of BI experience and I am Tableau certified.

Any estimate from people who are preparing/passed this exam is much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Sumit

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Caroline_Sheldon
Former Employee
Former Employee

Please also see the QlikView Certification website. On this page you can expand the "exam domain areas" to see exactly which topics are included on the exam and the weight of each topic area to help you prepare.  When you pass the QlikView Developer exam you also receive the QlikView Designer certification. We highly recommend hands on experience with the QlikView product before taking the certification exam. QlikView Business Intelligence Certification

View solution in original post

8 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Since everyone is different, the time you spend studying does not actually help us in making an estimate, if people could make an estimate at all.

What would help is your actual QlikView experience. Did you follow any training (by Qlik) and do you have any hands on experience?

What we usually suggest is follow the QlikView Designer and Developer training and get some hands-on experience.

For more details / advise and for skill assessment, go to this website:

QlikView Business Intelligence Certification

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Onno,

No I do not have any handson experience on Qlik View. Thanks for your inputs!

Sumit

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Okay... but did you at least follow some training?

Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Hi Sumit

Since you have strong BI experience and you are Tableau certified, this means that you are familiar with most of the BI concepts.

As Onno suggested, the recommended path to follow would be to attend the Designer (2 days) and Developer (3 days) courses and also invest some time working with QlikView in a real project, as most of the certification questions are not straightforward but they are based on real business case scenarios.

I hope this helps

Agis

Not applicable
Author

Thanks @alk  and @okg.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

If your question is answered, please flag the Correct Answer (and if applicable a Helpful Answer).

If not, please tell us what else we can help you with.

Caroline_Sheldon
Former Employee
Former Employee

Please also see the QlikView Certification website. On this page you can expand the "exam domain areas" to see exactly which topics are included on the exam and the weight of each topic area to help you prepare.  When you pass the QlikView Developer exam you also receive the QlikView Designer certification. We highly recommend hands on experience with the QlikView product before taking the certification exam. QlikView Business Intelligence Certification

Karen_Origlio
Employee
Employee

You are absolutely correct, Caroline. The Exam Domain Areas are intended to be used as a study guide. There is also an FAQ on the web site with information about preparing for your exam. Hands-on experience is a MUST!

And as Onno and Agis mentioned, investing in training is the best way to begin.

Good luck!

Karen Origlio

Qlik Certification Program Manager