Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivan_will
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

How to - pdf report with multiple pages

Hi guys,

I have been using Nprinting but for straightforward reports so far.

These days I tried build a report with multiple pages aaand haven't managed!

So two questions:

Do you know how to with the multiple pages?

My idea is to have a pdf report at the end.

What is the best option to choose for the pdf export - word or ppt or pixel perfect report?

Many thanks!

6 Replies
Not applicable

Ivan

Any of the templates you mentioned can be used to generate a pdf report - it really depends on the objects, formating, etc. needed.  Excel allows the most formatting options for tables, and word is quite flexable as well.  PowerPoint has the least functionality.  PixelPerfect has quite a but of functionality but is a little more tedious than the others

If you are using Excel, each tab would represent a page for example, and the tempaltes such as word, excel will allow you to define/force page breaks.

Just about any tempalte type can be used to create a pdf output, but it is imprtant to know the tmplate type.  I am assuming when you say 'My idea is to have a pdf report at the end.', it means your final output needs to be pdf

ivan_will
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Many thanks for the info!

About my first question - what would be the best possible way to have a multiple page pdf report? How to do it?

Using directly a table or an image, what is the trick?

Thanks

Not applicable

no trick - while your are testing and you want to preview, click the arrow below preview and select pdf.  When you add your report to a task, by default it will use the output format as your tempate (e.g xlsx if using Excel).  You can click in the field and select pdf

How to Preview in an Alternate Output Format – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

How to Create Tasks – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

jduarte12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello

I don't know how it is in Nprinting, but in the former Qlikview pdf Distributor there was an option where you could set the number of pages of the report and also if a report should have variable number of pages, according to the length of displayed table objects.

I guess Nprinting has similar options.

Regards.

ivan_will
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Yes, this is exactly what I want. In NPrinting it should render automatically but seems it doesn't.
Haven't managed to find a solution so far ... probably it is sth easy to be mentioned but ... 

Not applicable

Nprinting will render a pdf automatcally when the report is added to a task and the output on the task is set to pdf.  If you have an nsq with the tmplate you can attach and I can tell you waht you need to set.

The how to create tasks link above should help as well