Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVSNetRemote and QV10

In our company we have used the QVSNetRemote to manipulate the Meta files that are used for DMS by QVS.

This has worked fine in QV8 and I also had no trouble getting this to work on QV9, but QV10 gives some problems.

When using QVNetRemote to open a session, we get the exact same xml back as we have just send in. No result node, not stamp and no session. No matter what data I put in, I always get the same data back. Running an execute with the message "Hello world" result in a answer "Hello world".

Has anybody been busy with QVSNetRemote for this purpose and what type of problems did you get? Using a older version of QVSNetRemote results in the same problems. Anybody have another solution?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Lt.Com.Data wrote:We are currently looking if the QMS webservice can help us with that, but it would mean that we have to redevelop our software. Would be nice if we could just use our current implementation.....

Sorry I have no input on the QVSNetRemote, but QMS will be the way to go in v10. Afak this is the only officially supported API to mange QVS from now on (not saying that QVSNetRemote won't work).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Daniel, but unfurtunately I'm not looking for a Ticked.

We use the QVSNetRemote to modify the .meta files that are used for DMS....I believe that is something completely diffrent.

We are currently looking if the QMS webservice can help us with that, but it would mean that we have to redevelop our software. Would be nice if we could just use our current implementation.....

Greetings,

Jeroen

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Lt.Com.Data wrote:We are currently looking if the QMS webservice can help us with that, but it would mean that we have to redevelop our software. Would be nice if we could just use our current implementation.....

Sorry I have no input on the QVSNetRemote, but QMS will be the way to go in v10. Afak this is the only officially supported API to mange QVS from now on (not saying that QVSNetRemote won't work).