Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV10 SBE IE Plugin Install

Our organization has Small Business Edition Server. Our IT department supports IE 6 only for web browser. Under QV 9, users typically used the Ajax client. I just updated to QV Server 10 for feature reasons with the understanding we could use the IE Plugin in place of the Ajax client which V10 no longer supports under IE 6. My test show the Ajax Client works for some things not others. So I want to switch users to the IE Plugin.

The question is, can the plugin be installed via the access point on demand? I found a lot of old discussions on the web, and it appears the answer was yes in some versions, and no in others, and how to do it varied by version. And in another place I found reference to it being possible with Enterprise Server, but not Small Business Edition (I have the latter). So can they install the plugin via access point on demand from SBE Server V10?

On a related note, if the answer to the above is that I have to provide them the plugin executable to install (as opposed to on-demand install via access point), is the correct version to use the version 9 plugin? I see "QlikView IE Plugin" on http://global.qlik.com/download/, but the latest version is 9, not 10. Does V9 of the plugin work with V10 of server?

Thanks,

Mike

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

That's exactly what you had to do.

Now that's enabled, go to the accesspoint webpage and you will see the link to this folder on the top right of the page. You can click on it and download the MSI package.

Regards.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

michaelgerig wrote:On a related note, if the answer to the above is that I have to provide them the plugin executable to install (as opposed to on-demand install via access point), is the correct version to use the version 9 plugin? I see "QlikView IE Plugin" on http://global.qlik.com/download/, but the latest version is 9, not 10. Does V9 of the plugin work with V10 of server?

Mike, QV10 Server has its own version of plugin via AccessPoint, so you can allow the users download and install it. It's packaged as an MSI file, and yes, it's not available to download in the Downloads section of QlikView.

C:\Program Files\QlikViewServer10\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewPlugin

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Okay, so how do I "allow the users [to] download and install it"?

Under QEMC->System->Setup->[my server]->Access Point->Plugin Download ... I found a "Show link" checkbox. It was unchecked. I checked it. No effect. That sure looks like that's the right mechanism, but it doesn't seem to work. Should this work under Small Business Edition? Or is there some other way I'm supposed to do this?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

That's exactly what you had to do.

Now that's enabled, go to the accesspoint webpage and you will see the link to this folder on the top right of the page. You can click on it and download the MSI package.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Yep. That worked. Awesome! Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Will this become available to download from the downloads section? Our users don't have administrator rights on their PCs to prevent them from installing unsupported software etc. We will need to be able to deploy the plug-in from our central IT system.

Not applicable
Author

In version 10 there is no more standalone installer for the IE plugin, but it comes along with the desktop version installer. I think it is installed by default when you install QlikView desktop, and you can choose if you want to by going to the "custom installation" option.

Not applicable
Author

So how do we distribute the Plugin for QV10 where we only have Server side software installed and all the users (who do not have admin access) use thin client?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The msi file is available in your server install at

C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewPlugin

Your admin can pick it up from there.

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We are upgrading to QV 10 and we were looking for the plugin.  Thanks for the tip!  Saved us some hair pulling!