Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data-comparision

Hi dear Community,

i have a comparison-data-load-problem. I must load monthly project-data in form of excel-files.Therefor i must compare the field "actual cost" with each file. so for example i have the month July and June. In June the actual cost was about 1000 $ and in July about 1500$ dollar. So when i add loading the new monthly excel-file for July, then the programm should replace the old fieldvalue of actual cost(from June) which was about 1000$ and should set an new fieldvalue with the new value of 1500$.

Can i anybody help me please by solving my problem?

25 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello bhushan,

thank you very much for your support and for helping me. But i think i´m not allowed to open the file with the ending .qvw cause i use the personel edition and i think i get problems with the licence if i open your file ( as far as i know external files from other user are not allowed to use for a personel user like me). Perhaps you can explain me the rigth way to solve my problem or send me the code you have implement in form of .txt Thank you again and again for helping me.

Cheers,

Dilan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dilan ,

No Probs ...

I am attaching the code IN word format .

Simply copy this code & put it in your QV Doc.

Regards,

Bhushan N

Not applicable
Author

oh bhushan,

you are a hero:) thank you very much..again and again...i will just try it with the code and wil tell you about the result!

thank you very very much!!!

Regards

Dilan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dilan ,

You are always welcome

Regards,

Bhushan N

Not applicable
Author

Again hi to you bhushan,

first i want to tell you that your code is really perfect:) THANKS!!

and second is, do you now how to set indicators in qlikview, for watching field values and working as a kind of alarms like a signal light:)

for example: if a current field value is over 1000$ than drop an exception for warning the user or the field will lighten in RED or something like this. i just try it with the alarm function in qlikview but i haven´t done it very well i think cause it is not working perfectly...

i hope you understand me:))

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dilan ,

Check this one .

Regards,

Bhushan N

Not applicable
Author

oh yeah,

but i'm not allowed to open your .qvw file:(

perhaps you can tell me how you do it??

thank you..

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dilan ,

please check this

Bhushan N

Not applicable
Author

Hi bnirgude,

i think you sent the same file twice. they have the both ending with .qvw and i´m still not allowed to open them as a personel enduser:)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dilan ,

Sorry i missed that you are having personal edition .

You can follow below steps.

Stpe-1) You can create an expression .

Step-2) Chart ---> Properties ---> Expressions --->Display Options --- > Representation --------------------- change it to "Image"

Stpe-3) & paste below mention code in Definition .

if

(

(

(

Sum ([Projectcost (actual)])<1000,'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/smiley3_r.png','qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/smiley1_g.png')

Cheers ,

Bhushan N