Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thhaenig
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Operation Moitor and License Monitor are missing on Sense Server 2.1

Hi,

i do have a problem with the Operation Monitor and License Monitor on Qlik Sense Server.

On one System both will not be displayed (no Apps and do Tasks), one the other System only the License Monitor is displayed. The installation was running without any errors.

System:

Qlik Sense 2.1.1

Microsoft Server 2012 R2

Does anyone knows a way to get these apps?

Best thanks in advance.

Thomas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

That doesn't look good!

I'm not sure the root cause there, but one option is to remove both Operations Monitor and License Monitor apps and then also remove the following Data Connections (from the Data Connections menu in the QMC):

ServerLogFolder

ArchivedLogsFolder

Then try restarting the services.

If that doesn't do the trick, try manually importing the apps again.

If that also fails, go eat some chocolate and submit a support ticket.

Hopefully you don't get to the chocolate

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Hi Thomas.

Was this after upgrading from a previous version of Sense?

There is a known issue with this specific upgrade scenario for which a fix is being released soon.

Concerning recovery of the apps, you can import them again from Sense\Repository\DefaultApps folder. You will need to create new reload tasks for them manually, though.

However, if you just upgraded to 2.1.1, you can do the following:

1 remove any monitoring apps there (License Monitor or Operations Monitor) and then

2 restart the Qlik Sense Repository service.

thhaenig
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Tyler,

thanks for the quick response. The Server was install on a clear System. I tried to delete the one App and restart the Services, but nothing changed. I now try to stop the antivirus software for the qlik folder, maybe this helps, if not I will follow your advice with the new import.

For other ideas I am very grateful.

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Tyler,

the workaround you describe (which is in the release notes of 2.0.x Sense versions) does not work reliably with Sense 2.1.1.

Maybe not a major issue considering version 2.2 is around the corner, but still.

I have tried both the suggested action (removing the license monitoring app and restarting the service) - in which case nothing at all happens, as well as manually importing the license monitoring app from the ....\DefaultApps folder, which fails with a single error line in the C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Repository\System\<servername>_Service_Repository.txt log file:

Command=Import app;Result=500;ResultText=Error: ValidationFailed

The C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Repository\Trace\<servername>_System_Repository.txt log gives some more hints to what's going on:

Error when committing. Exception of type 'Qlik.Sense.Common.Exceptions.ValidationFailedException' was thrown.; DataConnection: Violation of the uniqueness constraint at Repository.Core.Repository.Common.ModelRepository

Soo... some kind of repository corruption, or repository database issue it seems?

Anyways - guess we'll do a clean install once 2.2 arrives and see if that solves the issue.

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

That doesn't look good!

I'm not sure the root cause there, but one option is to remove both Operations Monitor and License Monitor apps and then also remove the following Data Connections (from the Data Connections menu in the QMC):

ServerLogFolder

ArchivedLogsFolder

Then try restarting the services.

If that doesn't do the trick, try manually importing the apps again.

If that also fails, go eat some chocolate and submit a support ticket.

Hopefully you don't get to the chocolate

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Haha that is *excellent* advice!

Happens so that I am a big chocolate fan...

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!