Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QMC incredibly slow.. WHY?

Hi All,

Could anybody list possible reasons why QMC can be very slow. It all works, but it can take between 5-10 minutes to respond to any of the clicks that I make (e.g. like switching between tabs, expanding folders etc). It's becoming quite frustrating!

Many thanks!

Neal

18 Replies
marcus_sommer

If you have checked that your system isn't on his limits (CPU + RAM via taskmanager) I would clear the browser-cache and restart the qmc-services. Are there then further significant delays then is something between the communication from the services wrong. You should also check if the browser-communication runs over any proxy-services which could also delay the response-times.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

If it's slow no matter where you click (for example going to System / About) then I agree with Marcus, it's something in your enviroment.

But you only see it in certain areas (for example Documents / Source Documents) there has lately been fixes to improve speed here.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

What version of Qlik are you running? That information is always helpful when posting an issue like this.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
enderl
Partner - Contributor III

Hi All,

we're facing the same issue, only the tasks tab is extremly slow..

We upgraded our systems from 11.2 SR5 to SR12 on a Win2008R2 Engine.

Any ideas?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dirk

When you say Tasks tab, is this the entry point to QMC (Status / Tasks) where the tasks are listed in a treeview?

Not applicable
Author

There is a new setting for Management Service:

<!-- Set to true if the Cross Domains are used. Else set to false for increased performance -->

<add key="DocumentFolderAdminUseXDomain" value="true" />

This is default "true". Try and change it to "false" if you don't need cross domain lookup functionality for users/groups.

I hope this helps.

enderl

Hi Magnus,

yes, only in the status overview, when we open the Tasks treeview.

enderl

Hi Magnus,

can you give me a hint, we're I can check if there is a Cross Domain Solution sin use?

In the meantime, I will try this Setting.

THX

Dirk

enderl

Hi Magnus,

is it the "QVManagementService.exe.config" where the Settings should be added?

Is it a complete new entry? Can't find in this file?

Regards,

Dirk