Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qlik sense responsive

Hi,

I design my visualizations on a 1920x1080 resolution, and when i change in a lower resolution, for example 1280x768, all the legends disappear. I though that Qlik sense is responsive and the visualization is adapted to any resolution? Could someone help me on that?

many thanks

ps: i am using v2.0.2 build 55

18 Replies
rbecher
MVP
MVP

You can observe this with any app by just reducing/increasing resolution of the window (Desktop or Browser)...

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

thank you for your reply. I appreciate it, however my issue remains unsolved.

i need to display 5 charts and when I move to a smaller screen or lower resolution (bigger screen), my legends disappear first, then the units of the OX, OY axes disappear (see image attached,a part of the screen).

From my point of view, displaying numbers without its contexts (dimension's name, legends) is a waste. Of course, users can discover those values by hoover message, but that is a lot of effort....

Not applicable
Author

I agree with that. The best user experience should be effortless.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

HI Chi

Your image hasn't attached.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Add a title to your top 2 charts to provide context.  I have found no matter the resolution Sense maintains visibility of Title if completed.

The bottom 2 I under stand what you are showing except the stacking split.  you could include the context of your stack split in your title e.g. Number of Units by Product (if that is your split criteria) and either expand the chart to see the legend you have made visible or hover.

I know these aren't the answers you are looking for but if you want to use Sense in a responsive environment then these are the compromises to the design you are going to need to work around.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Chi - thanks for the update and the screenshot. Can you also attach another screenshot when you are in view mode? I see the one you attached is when you are in edit mode. I am just curious to see if the view updates, as edit mode takes a bit more screen real estate.

Thanks

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Andy, thank you for the suggestion. I use Sense to build quickly mockup and to demonstrate the capability that the dashboard should reach. But I'll make the dashboard built in Qlikview.

Not applicable
Author

Please find the image updated.

Shubham_D
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

This is still a really big problem @Michael_Tarallo 
We have been working on Sense since years and it becomes pathetic when legends doesn't come unless you make chart bigger or of specific height. 

Also about the responsive ness, layout looks different on bigger desktops if we make as per laptop of lesser pixels. 

Below chart of 2 values become so big now then also legends are no visible.

Shubham_D_0-1650530753291.png