Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcapopa1
Contributor III
Contributor III

I am trying to create trend graphs for product shipments and my data is loading each month as a dimension vs. date as a dimension. My data includes SKU shipments by month for the past four years. SKU column includes the SKU # and then there are columns

i have attached a generic sample data set.

10 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Michael,

Welcome to the Qlik Community and thanks for your participation.

I apologize for an earlier reply you might have received from our community member, that did not provide any helpful information.  In order to help you we would need some more information of the issues you are encountering.

If you can summarize the issue in the title and then provide the detail in the body of the discussion that would be ideal.

If you would like to learn how you can get started with Qlik Sense and see how to load data and create visualizations, I would suggest you take a look at these getting started videos. They range from short basic to longer advanced tutorials.

New to Qlik Sense Videos

In the mean-time - I will also take a look at your data to see if there isn't anything standard that may cause an issue.

Let us know how we can help.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Ah OK - the data looks like it is in a CROSSTAB format - take a look at this video and sample data and application that is similar and see if it helps.

You will have to use the DATA LOAD editor for this and the CROSSTAB function.

Power of Qlik Script - Reshaping Data with Crosstable (video)

Let us know how you do

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvf

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Thank you Gysbert!

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
mcapopa1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This was a great video but did not help me because the data model in the example is a bit different.

mcapopa1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have tried to open the file in QS Desktop but i cannot.  Any insight?  I save file to desktop and selected "Open with QlikSense" and QS opens but nothing else happens.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Michael - thanks  - you need to copy the .qvf file to your C:\Users\<user profile>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps and refresh Qlik Sense Desktop with F5

The app should then appear in the hub.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
mcapopa1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you all for your assistance.  The conclusion, which you all contributed to is quite simple.  I just inserted a CrossTable command before my standard load sequence.

Gysbert,  I am curious to know why the additional lines in your Load Editor script?  Would it give me more function?  I couldn't get it to work for me so that is why i went backwards and started to build with the basics in the video Michael shared.

CrossTable(Date,Shippments,3)

LOAD [SKU],

[Prod. Line],

[Prod. Family],

[Jan-2010],

[Feb-2010],

[Mar-2010],

[Apr-2010],

[May-2010],

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

When you are trying to open the file straight from your download folder it will only open  Qliksese.

You can fallow Michael advice (the best if you want to keep the file ) or just drag and drop the file into open QS application.