Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I've been using Stories to build User Guides and Help pages

Very often a dashboard and its charts need some sort of explanation.  I've found that the Stories feature provides a nice clean means of providing that information.  Simply take a Snapshot of a chart and it can be pasted into a Story page. Then add text, arrows, etc. to provide details such as the datasource, filtering, whatever.Dashboard_User-Guide.png

Message was edited by: Dan Hogan Added image of example Story page as User Guide.

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Great idea! Thanks for sharing this with us.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Dan,

Thanks for sharing this with the community. We appreciate ideas and input such as this. If you can, please post a screenshot / example with your post (you should be able to edit the original) - that way our members can get some ideas on how you use them. I recall that Qlik, did something similar with its initial release of Qlik Sense 1.1 and included an app with a story that contained steps on creating your first visualization, but it overlapped with our document services initiatives, so I believe they stopped doing that,

Keep the great information flowing, we are glad to have you as a member.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

I featured this post - nice work Dan thanks for your contribution.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Dan,

Your post has been very handy. Thank you !

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dan

We have been considering do this as well, have you received any feedback from your users as to how easy they find the stories to use?

Cheers

Bella

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Nice Idea Dan.  I'd been getting feedback from users on the need for how to guides which id created a Word/PDF document for distribution.  This will not only give users a quick reference point inside the App but also ideas on how they can layout their own user stories.

Not applicable
Author

Bella,

No useful feedback. My users are just beginning to use these reports, so I expect there may be feedback in the near future.

I found that the navigation from one Story page to the next/previous isn’t obvious as the < > arrows are hidden until you mouse-over them, and getting back to the Sheets from the Story also isn’t obvious.

Dan