Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Loading a series of unusual files

Hi,

I have an unusual series of files (see attached for an example). They are normal tsv or csv files and contain several hundred columns. These all have column titles (and in the example there are 256 columns)

When each file ( [View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/674/3312.Example.zip:550:0] ) is created there are up to a hundred additional columns added to each row - but these columns have no field title. When I have tried to import the data using the table file wizard it will only load the titled columns. However, it's the untitled columns that are of interest for the analysis required.

I thought that Cross table with 256 qualifying fields would 'do' it but QV doesn't seem to see these columns at all.

Is there a way that such data can be loaded.

Thanks

John

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Try to load the file without headers, excluding first row. You can explicitly reffer to the fields starting from @1

LOAD
@1 as Field1,
@100 as Field100,
FROM [file.txt] (txt, codepage is 1252, no labels, delimiter is '\t', msq, header is 1 lines);

-Alex

Not applicable
Author

Alex

Thanks for that.

I was hoping there might be some way to maintain the column headings but that would work so appreciate the suggestion.

John