Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Changing a variable if a specific field value is selected

Hello,

i defined a variable in my document:

showBrain = 0

Now i have an image with the condition that it will only be shown if showBrain = 1.

I now need some kind of trigger or something similar which detects when a specific value in a table is selected.

So for instance i have the table:

Eye

Brain

Stomache

Only if the Brain is selected (exclusively meaning no other value in the table) then the variable showBrain is switched to =1.

Eye

Brain

Stomache

Also i need a second trigger. Even if the Brain is selected but anything else within the table is selected then the variable should switch back to showBrain =0.

My biggest problem is that i do not exactly know where and how to define this trigger. I guess in the trigger properties for the document?

But i am not sure. Any help is very much appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think there are two ways:

1) Create a variable that changes value depending on your conditions, something like

showBrain:

= If( Only( YourFieldName ) = 'Brain', 1,0)

2) Create a field event trigger OnSelect of  YourFieldName, with an action to change the variable (with a similar expression like above).

I think I would go for 1), since it's easier to understand what's happening when checking the variable.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think there are two ways:

1) Create a variable that changes value depending on your conditions, something like

showBrain:

= If( Only( YourFieldName ) = 'Brain', 1,0)

2) Create a field event trigger OnSelect of  YourFieldName, with an action to change the variable (with a similar expression like above).

I think I would go for 1), since it's easier to understand what's happening when checking the variable.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for that great reply,

i went for your first suggestion and it works great!!!