Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to to run multiple NPrinting tasks simultaneously?

I have read that this can be achieved using the NPrinting Server as I know they run one after the other in the designer. Can someone confirm whether this is true and is so how to go about it?

Thanks

4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

NPrinting 16.x or lower is only capable of running On Demand reports, schedules, jobs and tasks in series (one after the other).

The next generation of NPrinting scheduled for release in Q1 2016, will support running these items above in parallel ( at the same time). The target date for release for the Next Generation of NPrinting has not been posted yet.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Fabien_S
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello Frank,

I tried to find the solution on my own but I couldn't find the answer on the qlik nprinting site (in the admin settings) or on other community qlik topics.

Is it now possible to run Nprinting tasks in parallel so that the reports are generated at the same time and not sequentially one after the other?

Thanks in advance,

Fabien.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Fabien_S

you have responded to 7 year old topic touching version of NPrinting which is no longer supported.

If the assumption is that you use currently supported software the answer is that you can run multiple task at the same time.

If you have more questions regarding this I suggest you open new conversation and provide all required details (including versions of software etc)

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

100 percent agree with @lech

Please start a new thread.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!