Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bar chart - continuous dimension axis

Hello,

I have a bar chart in which the dimension is hour of day (00 - 23). As I drill down in the chart, the hours that do not exist will not appear along the dimension axis. If I make the axis 'Continuous', the full range of hours appears along the axis which is what I am after. However, if I then drill down even further (and therefore less hours exist), the bars representing the existing hours are blended together instead of still appearing as separate bars. Is there another way to have the dimension axis always show 00 - 23 without using the Continuous option? Perhaps adding an expression for the dimension itself?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kji
Employee
Employee

On the Dimension tab you can check the option "Show All Values" for your hour dimension and uncheck "Suppress Zero-values" on the presentation tab.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Breeze

In the chart axes properties you can specify static scales. Did you experiment with these?

Regards

Jürg

Not applicable
Author

I did experiment with the static scales properties. It looks like you can only activate the static scales boxes when you first tick the Continuous box. So back to square one, I'm afraid.

kji
Employee
Employee

On the Dimension tab you can check the option "Show All Values" for your hour dimension and uncheck "Suppress Zero-values" on the presentation tab.

Not applicable
Author

Brilliant! That is exactly the solution I was looking for. Thanks very much!