Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

services not starting or message no server

Hi all,

I have installed qlikview-server on my laptop. If I use the local system to start the qlikview-services in windows.

The services start automatic after a restart. But If I go to the accesspoint I get the message "No server".

In the QMC there are also 2 services down.

If I use my user to start the services, the slikview-services will not start automatic after a reboot, but I have a connection after starting the services manual.

What can I do to let the services start automatic and let me connect to the accesspoint.

Regards,

Kris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Marcus,

I was browsing for the user-accout. Now I've typed the name like domein\User and now is everything working fine.

Regards,

Kris

View solution in original post

8 Replies
quwok
Creator III
Creator III

In the Properties of the services under the Recovery tab, have you set it to Restart the Service? As this is not set as default for some of the QlikView services.

marcus_sommer

You should specify an user to run the qv services which has local admin rights and belonged to the group "QlikView Administrators".

- Marcus

kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I've set all the services to Restart the service. But they are not started after a reboot...

kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I've added my user to the administrators, ISS_IUSRS and the Qlikview Administrators, but the services are not starting after a Reboot...

marcus_sommer

Maybe the start-mode from services isn't automatic? Further possible is that something went wrong by the installation and it's missing the correct NET.Framework or something else. I think a reinstall could be helpful.

- Marcus

kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

The start mode is set to automatic and if I use the local system account to start the services, they are starting automatic. But then I have a problem in my accesspoint and QMC

marcus_sommer

Maybe they will be started and exit again because there is anything wrong with the installation or other configurations and AFAIK the local system account don't work because it's a special system account which couldn't interact properly with other programs.

You should think on a reinstall - often this is a faster way to exclude possible errors and find a solution then to think and try anything else.

- Marcus

kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Marcus,

I was browsing for the user-accout. Now I've typed the name like domein\User and now is everything working fine.

Regards,

Kris