Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Total column in bar chart

Hi All,

I have a similar challenge (I think) to this one (http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/17002/145124.aspx#145124) and have tried to convert the answer for my needs but have failed so far!

I have a table (Data) with many transactions, each with a Tx_Type (e.g. BUDGET, COMMITTED, REQ, PAID) and Amount. I'm trying to get to a bar chart that has the Tx_Type as the dimension with SUM(Amount) as the value. OK, this bit is obviously easy, but I also then need a final column that is Forecast. This is a sum of all Tx Types, except BUDGET.

Can anyone help!

Thanks in advance,

Jason

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Applying the suggestion I made in that thread to create a new field, see attached.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Jason.

I have attached a sample application in which I create the total Forcast amount in the load scripts. Basically I sum all of the values (except for Budget) in a separate table and then attach this to the original Transaction table.

Let me know if this helps.

John.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Thanks John - that really helps. It certainly gives me a solution, although I have to make sure I exclude the new Tx_Type in all other objects, which is a pain.

Would be great if there was a way to have dynamic dimension values...

Jason

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Applying the suggestion I made in that thread to create a new field, see attached.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

John (W) - so simple but exactly what I needed!

Thank you so much mate.

Jason

Not applicable

Hi

really good

its helped me lot