Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Restrict data in chart and table

I am bringing in 1 table.   I have two tab in the application.   One needs to show group A data and the other group B data.

In one  tab I have a chart  listing column 1, 2, and 3 and the chart has an expression "IF group A" .   The tab also has a table listing and currently it shows all A and B.   I want it to show only group A like the chart.  

The other tab has same as above but for group B.

9 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

You can try to create one Button / On Activate Sheet Trigger

Select In Field -> Your Field (you already used for your chart ,"if Group A") ->

Search String (Entered your Filter Expression)

Then you will get the same data for your chart and Table

avinashelite

I didn't get the exact requirement, if you need to reduce the data then make you of the conditional statements according to your requirement , this should resolve the issue.

Please try to share the data or sample file so that it will be helpful for us to understand 

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The charts in the respective tabs should include the group condition in set expressions:

Sum({<group = {A}>} Amount) for the chart on tab A

Sum({<group = {B}>} Amount) for the chart on tab B

Although I am not sure that this is the best design. If the charts and structure of the two groups is the same, why not just provide a list box for group and let the user choose the group? If necessary, hide or conditionally calculate the objects using the condition "GetSelectedCount(group) = 1" or something similar.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
neha_sri
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

What I can understand from your statement is you have data something like this:

data.jpg

data1.jpg

data2.jpg

data3.jpg

Regards,

Neha

Not applicable
Author

hi

So you want to reduce the data, for that you can use alternative state. in tab1 you can use state1 fro chart1 and in tab2 state2 for same chart u can use.

Not applicable
Author

hi

So you want to reduce the data, for that you can use alternative state. in tab1 you can use state1 fro chart1 and in tab2 state2 for same chart u can use.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

These are all good.   This is what I have

Country     Sales

A               6000

A               1500

B                2000

B                2500

B                9000

C                1500

In one tab,

I have a chart with the expression =if([Country] = 'A' or [Country] = 'C',Country

This displays:

Country            Sales

A                      7500

C                      1500

The data chart shows ALL (A, B, C) because I don't know how to limit the data to only A and C. 

I tried using the sheet property Select In Field, but with this I can only have 1 value and I have 2 (A and C).

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

Try to give your 2 values in search string..

Select in Field -> search string

('A'|'C')

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I was able to add more than 1 value using the Select in Field --> Search String (A|C) . This worked.