cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III

Two connections - On Demand

So I have an app which I am using in NPrinting and using the On-Demand functionality to allow for users to be able to print themselves from their local machines using Access Point.

This one particular application I have, uses two connections and I don't know how to allow for both connections or is there a symbol to accommodate both applications.

If you look at connection ID below, you'll see my issue

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

You only need to use the first connection in the linked field to set up your On Demand object.

For example:

If you create two NPrinting source connections:

SalesDemo

SalesCompass

Then create a single linked field based on these connections ie: Country

Simply use SalesDemo as your connection within your On Demand Object. The linked fields draws the data from the second source connection.

linked fields.png

linked report.PNG

The key is to ensure that you setup your linked field correctly as per the following tutorial:

How to Use Linked Fields with Keep All Matching Values Only – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

You only need to use the first connection in the linked field to set up your On Demand object.

For example:

If you create two NPrinting source connections:

SalesDemo

SalesCompass

Then create a single linked field based on these connections ie: Country

Simply use SalesDemo as your connection within your On Demand Object. The linked fields draws the data from the second source connection.

linked fields.png

linked report.PNG

The key is to ensure that you setup your linked field correctly as per the following tutorial:

How to Use Linked Fields with Keep All Matching Values Only – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you. Didn't know that that was what the Linked Fields was used for.

Thank you.

Frank_S
Support
Support

You're welcome, David!

The functionality of linked fields was created to support NPrinting Multi-doc reporting in general.

How to Create Simple Excel Reports with Objects from Multiple QlikView Documents – Customer Feedback...

Multidoc reports can be used within NPrinting Scheduled Distribution and can also be used with On Demand as well as requested.