Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sureshbaabu
Creator III
Creator III

View 'PerDocumentCalData' on call.pgo.xml

Hello,

I was trying to find the License information at server level and at document level on my QV environment(Clustered).

I used the Document - 'License_Analyser_K3FDS' to get the information. - https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4774

Steps completed from my end:

1) Updated the path on the following

- XML file location (Access Point Root Folder)

- QlikView Server LEF File Location

2)  Added PgoAsXMLAlso=1 to Settings.ini (It was already set to 1)

3) I was able to successfully reload the report and view the sever level license information and user details

Issue: I'm unable to find the document level information on the report.

Observations: I opened the call.pgo.xml file to check if there were any data present on 'PerDocumentCalData' ; But my call.pgo.xml file did not have any information about the license assignment at document level.

Attached the Table view of PerDocumentCalData table - exported from the report and the XML screen shot

Could someone help me in getting the document level information?

Note: we have a cluster environment. However, the 'call.pgo.xml' is stored at one location - which is the root folder

Thank you,

Suresh.

5 Replies
sureshbaabu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

we have only Namecal Licenses and not Doccal licenses. So, I believe the this could be a reason for not showing up the data at document level.

So, do we have some other alternative to find the reports that the Namcal user is accessing?

Thanks,

Suresh

marcus_sommer

Do you mean accessing or accessible? Accessing is quite easy with tools like Governance Dashboard but for accessible you need to read your folder-structure with the active directory properties (by NT mode) or the Power Tools 1.2 for QlikView‌.

- Marcus

sureshbaabu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you for responding.

I'm trying to capture the reports that the user access(uses) thro Access point.

e.g: A User with 'Named User CAL' license has access to all the documents(20 reports) on access point. But I wanted to find out the report names that the user is accessing on access point.

He might have used/accessed only 5 reports out of 20 reports available. So, I want to find out the names of those 5 reports.

Thanks

marcus_sommer

Those informations are included within the session-logging and audit-logging from your server. You need to enable them within the qmc by system/setup/YOURSERVER/logging and then you could read these logfiles with qlikview again (are simple text-files).

But there are already applications available which does this job - for example the above mentioned Governance Dashboard or the OpsMonitor from here: Governance Materials.zip. I think there was further tools which cover these functionalities and of course you could learn from them and customize them if you need to adjust this or that.

- Marcus

sureshbaabu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you Marcus!! I will try these applications.