Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to install Qlik Sense Server on a cloud server, where there is no Internet Connection?

Hi guys,

I am trying to install the sense server, however there is no internet connection at the server i am installing it to. So I cannot start the management console. Furthermore, when i try to install the Qlik Sense Desktop there it says I cannot. Does the server installation include a sense app in it as well ?

I would also like to know how to obtain a demo partner license?

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

By not being able to start the management console, I guess you mean you need to pass the license validation screen and you can not. In order to do that, you need a content called LEF. If you have the LEF then you dont need Internet connection.

Try this link to get it Manual LEF‌  .

You cannot install Desktop to a Server edition. This is normal and by design. As you guessed, there is no need for client once you have the server.

To get the partner license, you need to contact your Qlik region.

BR

Serhan‌‌

Not applicable
Author

After the installation of Qlik Sense Setup I have 2 icons on the desktop: Qlik Sense Hub and Qlik Management Console. When I open either of them IE opens and I receive "This page cannot be displayed" message, because there is no internet connection available on the server. I know about the Manual LEF , but there is nowhere I can even enter it. Furthermore, when I go to Services - all of the qlik services are running except for Qlik Sense Proxy and Qlik Sense Scheduler and even If I try to strat them, they still can't. I hope I made myself clearer now

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Antonio,

Forgot to mention you need to open some ports in cloud environment. It is probably the cause of your issues.

Below you can find the total list of ports from my AWS account. Some ports may be irrelevant to you (some are for Qlik Deployment Console- if you are using AWS I suggest you check that out) but it should work in all circumstances.

BR

Serhan