Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isorinrusu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Why does the scroll area disappear when sharing a chart?

Hi all,

I was trying to share a few charts from the QS Hub, and it indeed shares them, but the scrolling area disappears for all of them.

For example, I have a vertical bar chart with trimestrial data from 2002 to 2015, so a vertical scroll is shown when viewing my dashboard since only bars from 2002 to 2004 have enough space, but when I share that graph and open the url I can only see data from 2002 to 2004, with no scroll area: it's static, although not an image.

In fact, if in my app I scroll to see data say from 2008 to 2012 and share it at that point, when opening the url what I get to see is data from 2008 to 2012. No scroll.

Does this happen to you? How can it be solved?

Regards,

Sorin.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
isorinrusu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Ok, so I didn't read the documentation. Mea culpa.

Thanks to amz‌ for providing the answer:

"Regarding your question, it was designed like that, if you read the documentation it said: "The data shown will be a snapshot of the values at the time of the visualization" I think, however, this behavior might change in the future allowing us to share the entire data range within a chart even if it is not visible at the time of sharing it."

View solution in original post

1 Reply
isorinrusu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Ok, so I didn't read the documentation. Mea culpa.

Thanks to amz‌ for providing the answer:

"Regarding your question, it was designed like that, if you read the documentation it said: "The data shown will be a snapshot of the values at the time of the visualization" I think, however, this behavior might change in the future allowing us to share the entire data range within a chart even if it is not visible at the time of sharing it."