Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Desktop Install

Hi Community.

I have a Puzzle that I am hoping can be resolved. So, I run through the install and it installs .Net framework and the general installer and it all seems fine.

Once finished I hit my new desktop icon for QLIK Sense Desktop...and nothing!!

The Qliksense.exe does launch in the processes tab of windows task manager but the actual program never fires up and opens??

Wasn't sure why so I did uninstall and reinstall...same problem?

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance.

P

41 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The only Logs I get are the start_engine ones!!

This was a new install from fresh on a computer I have had only a few weeks.

I don't know but is AppMigration a log you get on a fresh install?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have a folder called AppMigration in C:\Users\{username}\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Log. Inside it, there are some log files, for example called 1446635202663_Global.log. Do you have any folder called AppMigration in the Log folder?

Also, do you see any MigrationService.exe process in task manager after starting Qlik Sense Desktop?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Emily.

Like I said the only log files are the start_engine ones.

No.. No Migrationservice.exe starts in task manager. Only qliksense.exe appears in task manager.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Can you check if you have folders in C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Temp called MigrationService{versionnumber} and DataPrepService{versionnumber}?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I have that.

MigrationService2.1.50500.0409.10

I do not see anything called DataPrepService in that folder.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is really strange. After you installed Qlik Sense Desktop and opened it for the first time, it should create some folders in the tmp folder (if they don't already exist):

folders in tmp.png

It seems that you are missing some of them. Have you tried to download the installation file again?

Not applicable
Author

I did not.

I reinstalled from the installer I downloaded the first time...

I'll give that a try.

UPDATE:

I tried reinstalling from a newly downloaded version in case it was corruption of the file.......Same result.

Sad ;-(

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

‌This is tricky

Hmm... except for the DataPrepService folder, are you missing more folders (compares to my list)?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Skype is a problem sometimes. Do you have Skype?

https://community.qlik.com/thread/152764

Or maybe IIS?

Just wild guessing here.

BR

Serhan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Emilie,

Does it create those folders "when it opens" because as we know..it's not opening.

The only folder I have in the temp foloder out of the ones you show me is the migration service folder.

When I click my desktop icon to open Qlick Sense after an install nothing happens and the only thing that I can see is that Qlicksense.exe starts in task mgrs. process tab.

no other associated services start.