cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III

How to create this kind of information

Hi, is there a way to create a dinamic table like this? Attached the excel file with all the information that I need.

image.jpg

4 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

Without a lot of playing I am not sure if you can achieve exactly what you are showing in the excel document. But I think you probably could get close if you set up a hierarchy in say in excel bring this into your script. You should then be able to pivot by the hierarchy levels. Example below...

ParentChild
Product LineBooks
Product LineElectronics
Product LineMovies & G..

Hope this will give you somewhere to start.

Mark

mvanlutterveld
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

As your table is very wide I would create 4 straight tables and place them in a container. As dimension create a cycle with Day, Week and Month.

if you don't use a dimensions create 4 straight tables, hide the dimension column of the all except the first tables and place the tables exactly next to each other. As a drawback. this will force QlikView to show a scrollbar which is not user friendly. 

gsbeaton
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Okay, usability issues aside, it would be possible to create a table in QlikView which replicated your excel almost identically.  You would need to do a bit of transformation of your data to get it into a structure a bit like this:

DayGroupSubGroup Sales
01/05/2008Sales By Product LineBooks51640
01/05/2008Sales By Product LineElectronics17350
01/05/2008Sales By RegionNorth America84789

You can then use a pivot table to display your data in exactly the way it is displayed in your Excel doc.  You can use the background colour property of the dimension to colour the headings as you want.

Hope that helps

thomaslg_wq
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

1 : You must create one "out of the data model dimension":

LOAD * INLINE [

Dimension

Sales by product

Sales by region

];

2 : You create a pivot table with 3 dimensions:

1 : Day,

2 : Dimension,

3: =if(Dimension='Sales by product',Product,Region)

(where product and region are your dimension with books or europe)

3 : as usual ...your expression is sum(#Sales)

I think this is what you need,

Thomas,