Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How To compare two values in Qlikview

Hi All,

I am very new to Qlikview. Currently i am trying to Automate a task which we do daily in our project.

Following i have explained what i want to do:

1) I have imported some data in the Qlikview.I have attached the .qvw file(Test1.qvw)

2) Lets say there is one main Qlikview file (Test2.qvz) .

Now, I want to compare the values.

ex: For Mediation_Count i want to compare the value 115 from Test1.qvw to 115 value in Test2.qvw. And finally display which value is equal and which is not equal.

Same way i want to do it for all the values.

Can you please help me with this?

Also how can i read all the values from a Qlikview file and Display them???

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Please find attached the Test2.qvw file

Please help me with this....

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Amit,

I'd suggest you to STORE your tables loaded in QlikView into QVD files so the comparison later may be faster and easier, instead of taking values from a different QVW file.

Anyway, you can do a binary load (use the "QlikView Files" button in the script editor dialog), which must be the first line in the main tab in the script, so all the tables loaded in the second file will be loaded as well in the first one. Take into account that if you have several fields named alike this may create unwanted synthetic keys or loops that may cause unexpected crashes in your application.

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bro.. I will try to implement ur Suggestion...

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I don't know if this is quite what you're looking for, but here I'm loading data from two different tables (inline for the example, but they could easily be QVDs as Miguel suggests), then showing how they are different.

Not applicable
Author

Hi John

I want achieve something like below. Could you please help me out for the same?

Table-A;

X Y Z

1 2 3

4 5 6

7 8 9

12 13 14

Table-B:

X Y Z

1 2 3

4 5 6

7 8 10

16 17 18