Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to record logs for all user access inculding unauthorizing failure access?

Hi Qliks:

i could find the log which shows who open the qlik files, but now i wanna see who try to access qilk files without authoriztion, is that possbile?

Thanks all!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

So the users are NTFS-authorized with read access on the file but are not in section access? Why would you have that configuration? In general, you should remove NTFS (or DMS) permissions for users not in section access and they won't see the doc in AccessPoint at all.

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

You mean opening a QVW locally or in server? Because in server they will not be able to even see the files if they are not authorized to view them. Conversely, I don't know of any way to even track successes when opening locally. QVS v10 has an audit feature, but is the first version to introduce this...not sure if that helps you.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vlad,

ths for your suggestion. i open a QVW in web brower from server. here, i just wanna log the access record when the user not in "section access" list.

my enviroment as follows:

1. qlikview server 9 without publisher

2. the log files saved in "QVS_LOg" folder, but it just save the successfull access

3. my client brower is IE7.

waiting for your help. thanks!

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

So the users are NTFS-authorized with read access on the file but are not in section access? Why would you have that configuration? In general, you should remove NTFS (or DMS) permissions for users not in section access and they won't see the doc in AccessPoint at all.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

yes, my friend. your are right. if i removed NTFS, the user canot see the report at all even the thumbnail. but sometimes, for company policy, we wanna some users could see the reports with thumbnail, but they could not access these reports, and loged they access log. it likes a market, some product you could see, but just for VIPs. 🙂

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I don't know of any way to do that with any version before v10, sorry. That's a funny company policy 🙂