Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

SvgReader mapping extension now stored on GitHub

Hi everyone,

Several different incarnations of my svgReader extension exist out there on community, hidden on QlikMarket, etc. and it's difficult making updates and pointing people to the most recent version.  Also, I plan on making some major enhancements to it soon, and I want to make sure people know where to go to get the latest and greatest version.

So, I've decided to start hosting the extension on GitHub:

https://github.com/brianwmunz/svgReader-QV11

I'll be making all bug fixes and enhancements within this repository so please download the extension from here from now on.

Also, I greatly encourage you to add your own SVG maps to the repository so we can all benefit from the maps people have been making.

Thanks!

75 Replies
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee
Author

Have you tried Ralf Becher's extension?  It was built for more modern browsers, so it may work better.

http://branch.qlik.com/projects/showthread.php?602-SVG-File-Viewer#post_1891

Not applicable

How to Uninstall already installed SVG Extension?

Not applicable

HI bmz‌,

The link you provied has only 5files..I am looking for US States and US counties.

If possible US states and Us Cities Drilldown.

Thanks

Not applicable

Hi, Ramu, do you end you svg project?

I do the same with my own map similar like you, now is working on iexplorer adn chrome, but doesnt work on mac with safari and doesnt work on ipad, the image show the next error: your browser does not support SVG graphics Please use another one.

I appreciate any help, TKS

Not applicable

Brian,

I have my own svg map, now is working on iexplorer and chrome, but doesnt work on mac with safari and doesnt work on ipad, the image show the next error: your browser does not support SVG graphics Please use another one.

I appreciate any help, TKS

Not applicable

Hi Brian,

I am designing a Dashboard using your SvgReader extension and there i need to show text along with colour, is there a way to add 'text expression' to SvgReader extension similarly like 'colour expression'.

for example: I am using a box to show colour using colour expression and also want to show text also by giving some expression based on the columns used in my dashboard.

Is there a way to do this, can you please help me on this.

Thanks

Not applicable

Hi,

I'm using an extension named "svgReader" on Qlik Sense and I need to add color expression. Is there any way to do this?

vindhya_giri
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Brain,

I am able to create an SVG map (US country). The issue I am facing is that when I try to select any field from other objects in the dashboard, I do not see the selections implemented in the SVG map. For example, I select region 'NorthEast', it is not implemented in the map. But when I refresh the page , I see the selections implemented.  I have to refresh the page every single time the selections are made.

Can you please advise on this?

Thanks

Regards

Vindhya

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Hi,

It is a great extension but I was thinking if we can show both World & US States in same map?
As we know we can only load world.svg or US.svg but not both. Is it anyhow possible to merge both into one?
If a user clicks on US, it should also show him states but not just country.

Thanks.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Are you talking about refreshing it in Access Point?

Check your Data Model, are your fields linked to Fact table or Dim tables (which are linked to fact table). you should have a common field in your table to map it correctly.

Or if you can upload a sample qvw here, we can check?