Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paolo_mapelli
Creator II
Creator II

Publishing and replacing app brokens thumbnail image

Good Morning everyone,

publishing an app on Qlik Sense Server (v. 2.1.1), flagging "Replace existing app" and selecting the same published app, breaks up the app thumbnail image, whilst publishing it without replacing, thumbnail shows correctly. Is it a known issue ?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Paolo.

4 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

I certainly cannot reproduce it on one of the default apps in Qlik Sense Desktop (Consumer Sales). So mind posting the QVF so I can double check it?

paolo_mapelli
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Levi, I'm making some other checks to identify on which conditions the issue happens (because on another similar dashboard I don't have it), I'll let you know asap.

But for sure it's not related on this similar known issue: "If an image file with a filename containing a character that requires URL decoding, for example a space character, is used as an app thumbnail, the image will be broken if the app is exported. The app can be opened in Qlik Sense Desktop where the thumbnail will show as broken, but importing the app to a Qlik Sense server will fail."

That's because my image is like "test.jpg" and issue gets out on republishing app (with overwrite), not importing/exporting it

Thank you.

kevincase
Creator II
Creator II

Paolo,

I had a similar issue.  If you open the app from your My Work folder.  Select the sheet that does not show the thumbnails correctly.  Select Edit to edit the sheet, then select the option to edit the thumbnail.  If you select an image or do nothing, it resets the thumbnails back to what they should look like.  Then you can republish the App.

Kevin

paolo_mapelli
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Kevin, I meant the app thumbnail, not sheets one.

I'm keeping on investigation...

Thanks anyway.

Paolo.