Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview and BW combination

Hi,

We are planning for Qlikview and BEx queries combination, I have few queries to clarify before going ahead.

1) If BEx query has mandatory variables then how Qlikview will react if queries has mandatory variables

2) How the security Data access will work, suppose if my query is returning EMEA data which are belongs EMEA users, ASIAPAC users belongs to ASIAPAC data and so on...If query has that restriction then by default will work security or how to implement that.

3) Do we need buy SAP connector to work with Qlikview?

Kindly let me know, appreciated your support.

Thanks,

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Madhu,

Hope this thread will give some idea:

QlikView Connection With SAP BW

Not applicable
Author

Hi Balraj,

I gone through the document, but I couldn't find the answers to my questions, can anyone let me know people who come across this combination.

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here is the answer:

1) If BEx query has mandatory variables then how Qlikview will react if queries has mandatory variables: Not aware about BEx query as much, but yeah while pulling the data, you can use variables in Qlikview as well

2) How the security Data access will work, suppose if my query is returning EMEA data which are belongs EMEA users, ASIAPAC users belongs to ASIAPAC data and so on...If query has that restriction then by default will work security or how to implement that.: You need to implement same in QV as Section Access is available in Qlikview to implement same

3) Do we need buy SAP connector to work with Qlikview? : Yes, you required SAP Connector

Hope this will give some idea!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Also, would add, whenever it comes to QV and SAP,

QV SAP connector mannual is always the best source to implement it

You can download it:

QlikView SAP Connector Manual ver5.80 SR4

QlikView Connector for use with SAP Reference Manual