Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Resizing images

Have anyone had issues with the Nprinting output changing to a different size from the template? I have two charts on one power point page. I have no issues with the chart on the left but the chart on the right always comes out in a shrunken version.  When I use the stretch, fit and etc values in properties, the chart exceeds the page size.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Dean,

A few things about images:

1. In MS office based templates, they will always maintain the same aspect ratio as have in the QVW.
  2. The default behavior for images which get re-sized is to take the side which is proportionally smaller and use that as the image size.
  3. The net result is that you should resize images in PowerPoint by dragging the corners of the image as this will maintain the aspect ration of the "sample" image. Otherwise you risk resizing images in your report output in unexpected ways (always smaller than expected).

I suspect the way the image was resized is the issue, but I'd have to see a sample to be sure.

The attached tutorial in PDF format may help.

Best

Aran

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Dean,

A few things about images:

1. In MS office based templates, they will always maintain the same aspect ratio as have in the QVW.
  2. The default behavior for images which get re-sized is to take the side which is proportionally smaller and use that as the image size.
  3. The net result is that you should resize images in PowerPoint by dragging the corners of the image as this will maintain the aspect ration of the "sample" image. Otherwise you risk resizing images in your report output in unexpected ways (always smaller than expected).

I suspect the way the image was resized is the issue, but I'd have to see a sample to be sure.

The attached tutorial in PDF format may help.

Best

Aran

Not applicable
Author

Dean,

Were you able to resolve the issue?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the help Aran. Below is example of what I'm talking about. Still playing with the dimensions to get it as close to the template as possible.

Not applicable
Author

see above