Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to get the advanced search in list box

Hi, all,

Just noticed that I can not use "Advanced search" like before after I update to use QV 11.20 SR12, the expression input box dose not pop-up after click the search icon as in the attached pic as before.

Dose any one knows how to get the pop-up window?

After some try, it seems sometimes, the pop-up input box do appears, but most time appear at the top of the sheet, not at the top of the list box, that is really strange behavior.

But there is still problem. After I use expression like "=sum(amount)>2000"to filter to get the correct list, after press "Enter", it will always select all, but not the value match the expression.

Dose any one have any idea about this?  

Thanks very much

Zhihong

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

goto your listbox Definition, tab general

use "Default search mode" and select "use associative search"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just noticed that sometimes, the pop-up input box do appears, but most time appear at the top of the sheet, not at the top of the list box, that is really strange behavior.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Rudolf,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Tried, but still the same strange behavior as I described below.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Though the pop-up window still appears at top of the sheet, but today the dynamic expression works, and after press 'Enter',  the field is filtered as I want.  Though have no idea why it works today, maybe this is related to the cache, or memory?

avinashelite

in your image you see the >> icon rite? click on that ..you should get the option which will allow you to search in the other fileds.

Hope this helps you

rubenmarin

Hi, the pop-up at the top of the sheet is strange, I can't reproduce that behaviour (I made it in a simple document, so it's possible that it works nice on a simpler document, maybe in a complex document it stops working as expected).

About the expression...can you check if it was because of casing? i.e.: Sum(amount) instead of Sum(Amount)

Colin-Albert

Is your listbox using a field from your data model or is the listbox using an expression?

Some listbox functionality is not available if the listbox is based on an expression. Also some functionality is not available is the field is a key field that links two tables.

Frequency is not available for key fields nor for listboxes using expressions.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Avinash,

Thanks for the tip. Can use this to filter other field if needed.

But for my case I only need to filter the field in the "List Box", so do not need this function. And it dose not work last time when I use it. But now it works and can filter the field in the "List Box"

Zhihong

avinashelite

Hi ,

Are you using any expression that List box? if so it does not work... to make that work go to list box properties > General>Search>In default Search Mode>Select use Wildcard search

Hope this helps you