Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikClient Certificate does not show up

HI guys,

I just have installed the Qlik sense server successfully but i do not see the QlikClient certificate the MMC. What could be the problem and how can i solve it?

I have tried restarting the services but that did not help.

Saurabh

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

QlikClient cert is not installed by default anymore.  The cert does exist in the .local certificates folder in pem format.  If you want a pfx file, go to the QMC and export certificates.  Give a dummy server name.  This will export the client cert to a pfx file.

2015-11-06 15_45_54-Sense2.0.1 - VMware Workstation.png

Not applicable
Author

Do we need to have QlikClient in MMC or not?

What was the use of it in older server?

Not applicable
Author

No, it is not required.  It's purpose is to provide a certificate that can be placed on clients or solutions making secure connections to the Qlik Sense server. 

Not applicable
Author

Great!

BTW..after installing sense server when i access qmc or hub then the browser shows that it cannot recognize the certificate and i just press on continue then It opens the qmc/hub but it show Certificate error in the address bar.

I would like to know the reason and the solution to how can i get rid of certificate error.

I already have added the server's machine name in the web socket white list.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

The most common cause is a mismatch between the certificate and the hostname being used. For example on a basic Sense install see there's no error when going to https://qlikserver.domain.local/hub/

correct_url.png

but you do get a certificate error when going to https://localhost/qmc

mismatched_url.png

Also keep in mind that the self-signed certificate that Qlik Sense generates by default is not a valid certificate. It is not issued by a CA. Long-term you will want to install a third party certificate from a known vendor (e.g. Symantec, GoDaddy, etc) along with the required Trusted Roots, etc so that Windows can verify the certificate.

Not applicable
Author

In fact i am getting the certificate error when i use full machine name in the URL (i.e your first case).

If I want to get rid of this error then do I need to install the self signed certificate any where?

Not applicable
Author

Saurabh, you have two choices:

1 - Purchase a ceritficate from a trusted certificate authority, import it into the Qlik Sense server Windows cert store \Localmachine\Personal and add the thumbprint to the QMC

OR

2 - if you are going to use the self-signed cert, take the root certificate from the directory I specified above and import that into your local machine where you are accessing Qlik Sense from.  Keep in mind, the url you type will determine certificate errors, the url hostname you type in needs to match the friendly name of the server certificate or you will continue to receive cert messages.