Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Desktop Install

Hi Community.

I have a Puzzle that I am hoping can be resolved. So, I run through the install and it installs .Net framework and the general installer and it all seems fine.

Once finished I hit my new desktop icon for QLIK Sense Desktop...and nothing!!

The Qliksense.exe does launch in the processes tab of windows task manager but the actual program never fires up and opens??

Wasn't sure why so I did uninstall and reinstall...same problem?

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance.

P

41 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Serhan,

No local web server, no Skype.

Not applicable
Author

Looks Like I have come to the end of the road then.

Shame, I enjoyed using the product elsewhere.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Do you have access to another computer where it works and can copy the list of folders (including the migration service) to your tmp folder?

Basically, I want to know if there are more problems than the folders are missing...

Not applicable
Author

Hi Emilie,

ok...So I stripped out the security software completely. I uninstalled and reinstalled offline.

it didn't work (of course).

In the meantime I had a colleague install it on his machine, Result?..exactly the same as me.

So I have effectively ruled out it being Just my PC (albeit I guess they come from the same image)

What about proxy servers? Does Qlik need to call out as part of it's setup or anything like that?

Wow, who would have thought it would be so tough.

Last time I used Qlik it was a Next, Next, Next--USE.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Peter,

Just cancel the proxy server setting temporarily as I said in my previous posts. And turn off all the other security stuff (firewall, antivirus etc).

I know I keep repeating this but we are a partner dealing with 10s of clients and believe me we never encountered such a problem. So we should turn back to basics. Proxy is one of the suspects, always. It may block your services.

BR

Serhan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I agree with Serhan.

Also, I've asked around a little bit about the folders in tmp. The reason you have missing folders in the tmp folder is probably because the Migration service failed to start. So basically, we are back at the Migration service again 😞

Not applicable
Author

Hi Emilie,

I am going to confirm this by testing on my machine too but my colleague "may" have found a bug.

Our accounts have a space in them between the first name and the second name.

My colleague who has some experience as a programmer told me that he has seen examples where this "can" cause issues with python and other languages.

He ran  a new account with JohnSmith instead of John Smith and Qlik Sense fires up and is working!

I need to try this on my machine but this is interesting. any thoughts?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Wow, good catch !

BR

Serhan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

I just tried to create a user account with a space between the first and last name. I didn't have any problems installing and starting Qlik Sense Desktop...

I followed this steps to create a user account in Windows 7: Create a user account - Windows Help

Do you know if your colleague created his user account in the same way?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Emilie,

was done through Active directory account creation on domain and then logging in as that new user at the workstation.

Since I have done this the application has fired up and I now get all of the folders that would not populate in my account when we had the space between forename and surname.

Perhaps any new windows profile may have fired it, but certainly in my case it was profile bound to some extent.

Anyhow, I can finally get on and use.

Thanks so much for your efforts Emilie/Serhan.

P