cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reverse engineer QVD

Hello,

I'm new to Qlikview development.  I know what a QVD file is.  I'm interested to find out from those who are a lot

my experienced than I do whether if there are any tools/utilities out there which will allow me to export a QVD file

to a relational database (ie SQL Server or Oracle)?  I have searched the web but unable to find what I'm looking for.

I have, however, found some useful tools for viewing QVD's.

Thank you.

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

Instead of creating qvd-files you could create qvx-files or simple txt-files which could your databases natively read. Then to make a qvd and then use any tool to transform it again is only one additional step without adding value.

QVX SDK Libraries and Examples

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I only have access to the QVD file.  So that's why I was asking how to re-import it to a database table.

I guess one way I could do is to export to a CSV then write some ETL to load it into a relational table.  But  I was just hoping there might be tools out there already so I can save sometime to develop an ETL process.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

QlikView can also store a table on filesystem as csv.

You can use Qlikview to read in a loop all your .qvd file and store in .csv format (read one qvd, store one csv).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

maxgro,

The QVD file is I have been given and nothing else and on which I need to operate.  So I can't ask for a CSV.

marcus_sommer

Meant is to use qlikview (maybe a personal edition) to read these qvd - qlikview is your tool. An approaches like this are also possible:

Write Back to Database via ETL process (using CSV or XML)

https://community.qlik.com/search.jspa?q=write+back

- Marcus