Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show Avg and Count in Bar Graph

I have a Qlik Sense bar graph sowing survey response averages. This is the expression I am using: avg({<[Question Type]={'Numerical'}>}Answer)

How can I also show the count for my values? As in, "the average for survey question #1 was 4.2 on a scale of 0-5.  And the number of responses was 340."  I read a discussion where it seems two measures cannot be included in one graph. I don't mind having a combo graph.  I am new to Qlik Sense and as such will need to experiment with combo graphs, too.  TY.

3 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

You should use a combo chart for this.  primary axis being the average responses and the secondary axis set to measure the number responses.

YOur dimension being the questions

HOpe this helps

REgards

ANdy

Not applicable
Author

Thank You, Andy.  I'll follow your advice.  I also just realized that my count of number of responses needs to be thought through because as it turns out, the data set I am looking at shows each question asked as a unique row. If john took a survey with 15 questions asked, he appears in 15 rows. If he took another with 10 questions, he appears in 10 rows. I don't see any unique identifiers like data/time stamps. I'll keep on pluggin' away...

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

‌Sounds like you have the right level ofgranularity so your number of responses to a given question can be found by grouping the count ofusers on a given question.  Something like AGGR(count(distinct responder) Question)