Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevbrown
Creator II
Creator II

PGO Files

Over time documents have been deleted with cals against them. I now want to retrieve those missing cals by creating new docs with the old names to therefore remove the cals. The problem I have is that I need to use the Caldata.pgo file i believe but i can't open pgo files. What's the best approach? I assume it's using pgoasxmlalso=1. If i use that do i then need to do a reboot or anything or should i just be able to open the pgo file?

Thanks

4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Check this document: Extracting PGO Data and Analysing License Allocation

and already existing app might be helpful as well, check Qlikview Server CAL Manager

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll need to restart the QlikView Server Windows service to bring the pgoasxmlalso=1 change into effect.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

If you have assigned Document CALs to documents that have been deleted then you do not need to inspect CalData.pgo or CalData.pgo.xml for that matter either. In the QMC > Documents you will see whether you have deleted documented with CALs assigned. The documents will show up as all upper case, e.g. SALES_PER_REGION.QVW rather than properly cased. The tricky part may be putting the new QVW into the proper directory but there is no downside to trying each mounted directory to find out. The only rationale for needing to inspect the XML is if you have so radically changed your mounted folder structure that it makes it difficult to determine which directory a particular QVW should be placed into.

Back to your original question, be sure to add PgoAsXmlAlso=1 in the Settings 7 portion of the Settings.ini file for QlikView Server and restart QlikView Server Service. You should see XML files populate alongside PGO files.