Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator

TimeZone Selection

Hi,

I have 6 time zones where end users are sitting, they want to see the report based on their time zones.

In database i do not have any user information associated. Do we have anyway to solve this in QlikView?

Thanks.

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

Maybe this is helpful: Local Time Zone for a client

- Marcus

sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Marcus, but i did not find solution from this. Looking for better resolution. Hope someone will provide.

marcus_sommer

It will depend on which kind of data/information should be displayed with changed time-relations and in which clients are used. For example there is a function convertlocaltime() which could adjust a timestamp and by using the IE plugin you might with macros or getregistrystring() get the local timezone.

But a manually extension from your user-data to their timezones must not be the slowest and most expensive solution.

- Marcus

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

Could an options be to make a selector for each of the Time zones, this sets a variable with a + or - hours value.

Then add + [+or- hours] to your set analysis.

Mark

Kushal_Chawda

Create Different timezone fields in script using ConvertToLocalTime() function

So you can create the 6 Timezone fields in script

Timezone1

Timezone2

Timezone3

So on

Now create the the inline table with timezone

load * inline [

Timezones

timezone1

timezone2

. ];

You can provide Timezones as selection. So user will select the timezone of his choice.

So based on timezone selection you can show hide the timezone fields created in the script

sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank for information guys, i will try your solutions...