Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kavicsgym
Creator
Creator

FirstSortedValue not work in KPI box (Qlik Sense)

Hi, a FirstSortedValue expression does not work for me in KPI box but does work in Text Box:

FirstSortedValue(agegroup, -Aggr(sum({$<ON_OFF= {'ON'}>} counter), agegroup) )

It is an acceptable workaround, however, all other KPI-s are in KPI box and I cannot format the 2 boxes exactly the same. (text and KPI)

Any ideas? thanks a lot!

Enikö

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kavicsgym
Creator
Creator
Author

omg, I realized what went wrong: Number formatting under the measure should NOTbe Auto BUT Number and than it returns the correct string in KPI 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be there are two values at the max counter and that why it isn't able to return any value.

Try this may be:

FirstSortedValue(DISTINCT agegroup, -Aggr(sum({$<ON_OFF= {'ON'}>} counter), agegroup))

kavicsgym
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, thanks, I am aware Firstsortedvalue returns null if there are more than one first sorted value.

But I use the same expression in the same QlikSense app in 2 different boxes - one returns a value (checked and ok) one doesn't.

kavicsgym
Creator
Creator
Author

omg, I realized what went wrong: Number formatting under the measure should NOTbe Auto BUT Number and than it returns the correct string in KPI 🙂

sunny_talwar

The exact same formula works elsewhere in the same application???

sunny_talwar

Here you go... awesome.. I am glad it worked out for you now