Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is Qlikview compatible for reading data from R?

Hi Team,

We are using Qlikview for a long time and are looking for integrating it with R and using Qlikview as a reporting tool on top of R.

I have seen many discussions in the community but do not see any firm solution where R output is actually pulled on Qlikview. In case of Tableau and Spotfire, they have provided R connectors with which data can be pulled but when I checked for Qlikview I cant find any connector which is Qliktech provided or recommended/supported by Qlik.

My requirement is User makes selection in the report and the JSON query is created which makes a service call and the report is displayed on the fly.

query would somewhat look like

{"count": 39, "values": [{"kpi": "N00914", "municipality": "1283", "period": 2013, "values": [{"count": 1, "gender": "K", "status": "", "value": 70.006373}, {"count": 1, "gender": "M", "status": "", "value": 73.703903}, {"count": 1, "gender": "T", "status": "", "value": 71.850318}]}

Could somebody please put a limelight on the same and help in Qlik R integration.

Thanks,

Sagar

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sagar,

there's no native connector at the moment, however you might try something like this: https://community.qlikview.com/docs/DOC-3981

Be aware that the original article was written some time ago and there are new instructions further down in the comments.

Hope this helps.

Rod

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rod,

I went through the article but seems that it is using an Statconn API which is a third part tool and might be it would be a licensed product. Is Qliktech supporting the tool or we need to directly co-ordinate with the vendor? I also see that the example is of desktop version and we need to use it on an enterprise level, is it possible?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sagar,

Here is another approach that might be more suitable: OpenCPU, R & QlikView Integration Example

This one uses open source technology and is probably better suited to an enterprise solution since it utilises an extension.

Regards,

Rod

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rod,

I checked the above thread, Thing is I didn't get how the parameters (Request Objects ) are passed and a service call is made to R. Can we pass the paramaters and make a service call using URL headers?

Eg: www.google.com?Name=Sagar&complay=xyz

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think that's how it's done, but I haven't tried it myself so I can't be sure. You might be best served asking a question of the original poster if you haven't already done so.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rod,

I have posted the same query in the original post. waiting for positive response.

I saw Tableau and Spotfire has provided inbuilt connectors to fetch the data from R web-service. Hopefully Qlikview will also have the same.

Thanks,

Sagar

Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

Qlik can communicate with R using OpenCPU. As you guessed it is done using an HTTP connection using a POST command.

In QlikView we have some VBScripting code that you can use in QlikView to make calls and process results. First the code would establish a connection to OpenCPU  and then you can issue calls like the following that tells it to use a specific function called ProcessDefaults in the package Multivariable.

Set session = ocpu.call("/ocpu/library/MultiVariable/R/ProcessDefaults")

With QlikSense there are 2 good examples available through Qlik Branch as extensions that are documented you could download and begin using immediately. Simply use the following link which applies the filter to show them both to you:

Search Results - Qlik Branch

If you are not a coder unfortunately there is no easy button yet. If you can do some coding I would be happy to spend some time with you to get you what I have and get you started in the right direction.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dalton,

The Qlik Branch search link is not working.  I tried searching directly as well, but no luck. Can you please provide the search link again?