Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sales budget comparative

Hi all. I'm new on Qlik. I'm needing to get a comparative of actual sales vs sales budget, but I am having some trouble loading the budget table.

My budget table has 5 dimensions (Year, Quarter, Country, Product Type, Sale Type) and the Budget amount measure. When I load my budget table I get error between it and my sales table.

BEFORE LOADING BUDGET:

10-11-2015 17-34-14.png

AFTER LOADING BUDGET:

10-11-2015 17-38-00.png

May you please help me?

3 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Gonzalo,

This is a classical problem of loading multiple Fact tables (Sales and Budget, in your case) into a single Qlik document. When multiple facts have a number of common dimensions, they usually cause Synthetic keys and sometimes even Circular References.

These problems are solved with Data Modeling techniques. The two most commonly used models are Link Tables and Concatenated Facts. You can find plenty of free documents on this site that describe these two models. You can also consider reading my new book QlikView Your Business, where I'm describing in detail how to build Link Tables and Concatenated Fact data models, along with many other QlikView and Qlik Sense development techniques.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Check out my new book QlikView Your Business: An expert guide to Business Discovery with QlikView an...

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Oleg! I'll check the info.

Saludos,

Gonzalo SacareloGerente de Backend RegionalSecurity Advisor

Argentina - Tel. (+54-11) 5032-2425

Chile - Tel. (+56-2) 2264-0322

Uruguay - Tel. (+598) 2400-4378

Ext. 6203

Celular. (+598) 95 642164

2015-11-10 18:52 GMT-03:00 Oleg Troyansky <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com>:

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I'm only guessing that you replied from your e-mail client, and your signature got automatically appended... Do you want to remove your phone numbers from your post?