Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NPrinting - Container Object unseen in Report

After generating a report on Nprinting, I realized that some of the objects are not present in the final PDF file. Specifically container objects, which I use to group together several objects in an organized way. This happens rather randomly, meaning that it has happened for some containers one day and for others in some other day, both on local and on server (Testing).

I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to solve this matter.

Thank you all in advance.

Regards.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

it is my understanding that there are known issues with reporting and containers.  I have notices it depends on how you are using the containers.

I have a report that shows trending inforamtion - On each tab, I have 1 container with 2-3 objects but they are shown all of the time

Can you provide a screen sample of how your objects are being displayed within the container?

Not applicable
Author

Trank you Adam for answering so quickly.

Here I provide an example: the first screen shot is how I see it in qlikview and the second one is how I get it in the report. The colors are just to make it easier to understand the configuration of the different objects (charts within containers, and containers within another container)

Captura1.JPG

Captura2.JPG

Regards

Not applicable
Author

ahhh - if I understand the diagram, you have containers within containers?

are the objects that do not show up always from the same containers?

Is it possible, based on filters, selection criteria, etc, that there is not any data for those objects?

Not applicable
Author

First question: Exactly, I have containers within containers.

Second question: No, it´s actually random, because I have several containers like the one on the image, and sometimes this happens to one container and some other time it happens to other container, and so on.

Third question: No filters are applied and there is data because I can actually see it on my qlikview app, but not on the report after it´s generated.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

there are issues and limitations with containers even withing QlikView itself, and have heard of others having issues with objects within containers in Nprinting - interesting since NPrinting is accessing the object, not the container, but it must be during run time when it is getting the object the the issue is encountered.

From your sample above (and you did a great job with your screen sample and colors) I would gess that the objects are being brought into NPrinting as images?

This may be a question for NPrinting support

Not applicable
Author

I will forward this issue to NPrinting Support and see what they have to say.

Thank you for your quick response.

Yes, they are brought as images into a powerpoint template and then exported as a PDF file.

The colored rectangles and text boxes were added just for the sample in powerpoint.

Regards.