Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview script does not work in Qliksense

I have a basic script loading from an excel file and filtering on a date.  I figured the script could be copied directly from the QVW but there were some annoyances.

1. File reference could not use a qualified path either in a variable or in the FROM clause.  Workaround - allow Qliksense to indicate how to format the the clause.  I had to use lib: and it was able to open the data source

2. I load the last group of rows based on date.  With Qlikview this is simply WHERE (DateField = $(vLastDate)).  Looks like Qliksense wants the right side formatted with single-quotes (from examples I've seen).

Is there a document detailing these issues so I don't have to run in circles ?  Something that will list how scripts differ between Sense and View?

1 Reply
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

In Qlik Sense you need to use the library (unless you use legacy mode).

But the Where-clause problem, I don't understand... There should be no difference. You need single quotes also in QlikView if your vLastDate is formatted as a date. If it is an integer, you don't need it.

Could you post some more info on this?

HIC