Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guruprem
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Qlik Sense desktop Installation error on Windows 10

Hello,

When My friend trying install Qlik Sense Desktop , he faced error on his Windows 10 , 64 bit machine. Error log is attached. Can anhone tells me How can we make installation hassle free.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi

I have copied my to an earlier Windows 10 problem.

I have had both QlikSense Desktop (FREE) and access to QlikSense Cloud on my Windows 10 laptop, for a few months now and running with no problems (well after a few minor inconveniences).

Here is what I did - but not too techie and only from Control Panel and File Explorer:

Uninstalled QlikSense to remove installation components

Went to Program Data directory and deleted all Qlik directories (I had QlikSemse and QlikView originally)

Went to the Users/me/appsdata/local/programs directory (me being the User in this case, you will need your login ID) and deleted all qlik folders

rebooted

downloaded the QlikSense install file and changed the file properties to Compatible with Windows 8

installed QlikSense

Went to users/me/appsdata/programs/qlik/qliksense directory and changed the file properties of qliksense.exe to compatible with windows 8

rebooted

I am not sure if I needed to reboot so often

Leslie

View solution in original post

6 Replies
guruprem
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Error log text is here:

Property(S): ROOTDRIVE = C:\

Property(S): CostingComplete = 1

Property(S): OutOfDiskSpace = 0

Property(S): OutOfNoRbDiskSpace = 0

Property(S): PrimaryVolumeSpaceAvailable = 0

Property(S): PrimaryVolumeSpaceRequired = 0

Property(S): PrimaryVolumeSpaceRemaining = 0

Property(S): INSTALLLEVEL = 1

MSI (s) (1C:A8) [13:16:52:720]: Note: 1: 1724

MSI (s) (1C:A8) [13:16:52:720]: Note: 1: 2205 2:  3: Error

MSI (s) (1C:A8) [13:16:52:720]: Note: 1: 2228 2:  3: Error 4: SELECT `Message` FROM `Error` WHERE `Error` = 1724

MSI (s) (1C:A8) [13:16:52:720]: Note: 1: 2205 2:  3: Error

MSI (s) (1C:A8) [13:16:52:720]: Note: 1: 2228 2:  3: Error 4: SELECT `Message` FROM `Error` WHERE `Error` = 1709

MSI (s) (1C:A8) [13:16:52:720]: Product: Qlik Sense Desktop -- Removal completed successfully.

Not applicable

Hi Guruprem,

Could you please post the entire installation log as there may be additional information that will help resolve your problem.

Alternatively, you could try the suggestions from this post: Re: Installation problem (always rolls back)

Hope this helps.

Rod

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Ok but qlik sense does not yet support Windows 10 Fyi.  You can play around with qlikcloud.com if you have a web socket enabled web browser (ie10+,chrome etc...)

guruprem
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Attached is the error log. Please help

Not applicable

Hi

I have copied my to an earlier Windows 10 problem.

I have had both QlikSense Desktop (FREE) and access to QlikSense Cloud on my Windows 10 laptop, for a few months now and running with no problems (well after a few minor inconveniences).

Here is what I did - but not too techie and only from Control Panel and File Explorer:

Uninstalled QlikSense to remove installation components

Went to Program Data directory and deleted all Qlik directories (I had QlikSemse and QlikView originally)

Went to the Users/me/appsdata/local/programs directory (me being the User in this case, you will need your login ID) and deleted all qlik folders

rebooted

downloaded the QlikSense install file and changed the file properties to Compatible with Windows 8

installed QlikSense

Went to users/me/appsdata/programs/qlik/qliksense directory and changed the file properties of qliksense.exe to compatible with windows 8

rebooted

I am not sure if I needed to reboot so often

Leslie