Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Replace empty field by the word others

Hello All,

Could you please help me in replacing the empty space with the word others.

I tried the mapping but it is not working:

mapservicestatus2:

mapping load * inline [

raison_refus_rendez-vous,Newraison_refus_rendez-vous

Null(), Autres

] ;

AS_XX_XXX:

ApplyMap('mapservicestatus2',[raison_refus_rendez-vous]) as [Newraison_refus_rendez-vous];

And this is my expression:

=Count({<Marquenew={'Citroën'}>}{<[Newraison_refus_rendez-vous]={'Rendez-vous déjà fixé','Véhicule vendu','Entretien déjà effectué','Autres'}>} [Newraison_refus_rendez-vous])

Any idea where I am wrong?

Many Thanks,

Hasvine

11 Replies
PrashantSangle

Hi,

In script try like

if(Isnull(FileName) or len(trim(fieldName))=0,'Others',FieldName)

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Your set expression seems wrong.

Should be,

=Count({<Marquenew={'Citroën'},[Newraison_refus_rendez-vous]={'Rendez-vous déjà fixé','Véhicule vendu','Entretien déjà effectué','Autres'}>} [Newraison_refus_rendez-vous])

sasikanth
Master
Master

hi,

try something like

=Count({<Marquenew={'Citroën'}>}{<[Newraison_refus_rendez-vous]={'Rendez-vous déjà fixé','Véhicule vendu','Entretien déjà effectué','Autres'}>} if( isnull([Newraison_refus_rendez-vous]),'Others',[Newraison_refus_rendez-vous]))

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If I understand you correctly, you need this script to map nulls and spaces to 'Autres':

nullclean:

LOAD null(), 'Autres' Autogenerate 1;

LOAD '', 'Autres' Autogenerate 1;

mapservicestatus2:

Mapping LOAD * Resident nullclean;

DROP table nullclean;

AS_XX_XXX:

ApplyMap('mapservicestatus2', [raison_refus_rendez-vous], 'Autres') as [Newraison_refus_rendez-vous];

Now your expression:

=Count({<Marquenew={'Citroën'}, [Newraison_refus_rendez-vous]={'Rendez-vous déjà fixé','Véhicule vendu','Entretien déjà effectué', 'Autres'}>} [Newraison_refus_rendez-vous])

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

Try like this, no need of Mapping Load & Applymap(). just use If with Len() & Trim() like below

TableName:

LOAD

If(Len(Trim([raison_refus_rendez-vous])) = 0 , 'Autres', [raison_refus_rendez-vous]) as [Newraison_refus_rendez-vous]

FROM DataSource;

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Thanks for your quick response.

My graph shows something this:

Capture4.PNG

I tried the tips provided by and then I get the pink bar but it is not link to the 'Autres'.

I usually do the mapping and it works fine when I replace a word by another but the blank cell doesn't work.

The null shows like that in the database:

Capture5.PNG

Thanks,

Hasvine

PrashantSangle

Hi,

If possible share sample app.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are those nulls in your screenshot, or are they text values '{null}'?

Either my script above, or Jagan's script (which is better if all you need to convert is the nulls), will convert the null values into 'Autres' and fix your chart.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

They are null . I tried both ways and the I get the same result as shown in the screen shot. It creates a new bar in pink (the 417 and it marks it as '-')

😞

Thanks,

Hasvine