Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paolo_mapelli
Creator II
Creator II

Combo chart dimension limitation

Hi,

I've a combo chart, with more than one measure. Now, I want to hide those dimension values that have ALL related measures = 0.

Using dimension limitation, with "exact value" = 0, works but has effect only if first measure = 0, not ALL measures, and it's not what I want because I want to show the value of second measure if this is greater than zero.

Any suggestion to get around this ?

Thanks in advance.

Paolo.

5 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Create a master dimension of your current dimension used in your combo chart.

Use if statements to check for the condition you are looking for in your combo chart.  Will need to use AGGR on your Dimension to bring back the right measures to check

If(<Measure1=0,Measure2=0,Measure3=0>,NULL(),Dimension)

Once done you can include this in your combo chart and un tick show null values which will remove the dimensions you want from your view.

Hope this helps.

Andy

paolo_mapelli
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Andy,

could you clarify this aspect ? "Will need to use AGGR on your Dimension to bring back the right measures to check"

I tried to use a calculated dimension as you suggested, but I have a "invalid dimension" error...

Thanks again.

Paolo.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

sounds like you might have an issue in your syntax of your calculated dimension.  what do you have so far?

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Paolo Mapelli,

Creating a calculated dimension may reduce the performance if you have lot of data, but it does work as Andy Weir has mentioned.

As an alternative you can also restrict it this way.

if( sum(measure) > 0, sum(measure)) - for all the measures which you would like to display in the combo chart.

paolo_mapelli
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Andy, what you suggested is working but not very easy to manage, especially when creating a master drill-down dimensions library. In this scenario I'll have to consider all possible combinations of dimensions/measures.

After almost a year I still don't understand why Qlik doesn't implements a simple option in dimension limitation properties that enables users to choose on which measure the limitation must be evaluated (e.g. a combobox with all measure names as possible values, plus an "all measures" and "at least one measure" values).

For example, let's consider a chart with 3 measures, and set up a dimension "exact value" limitation greater than zero. This combobox will have this values:

- Limit on measure 1; (measure 1 must be greater than zero)

- Limit on measure 2; (measure 2 must be greater than zero)

- Limit on measure 3; (measure 3 must be greater than zero)

- Limit on all measures; (ALL measures must be greater than zero)

- Limit on measures sum; (at least one measure must be greater than zero)

Regards,

Paolo.