Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to run Qlik Sense Desktop latest version in VMWare Fusion Professional Version 8.0.2 (3164312)

Opening an example or starting a new app in Qlik Sense Desktop latest version running in VMWare Fusion Professional Version 8.0.2 (3164312) eats all of the HD (gigabytes) and crashes the Mac. Help.

3 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Paul,

I'm sorry for this issue you are encountering, I will perform some research on my end and update you. What version of the Windows OS are you running on VMWare Fusion?

You may want to check this thread: Qlik Sense Desktop 1.1.0 on Win 7 in VMWare Fusion 7.1.1 Does not create Apps - it is for an older release - but the fix may still apply.

".......

found the app at:

\\vmware-host\Shared Folders\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps\

that was huge in size (20+GB ) and continued to grow until I killed the "QlikSense.exe" process in windows task manager.............."

Proposed fix:

To change the home app folder for Qlik Sense Desktop:

• Shut down Qlik Sense Desktop
  • Go to [My Documents Folder]\Qlik\Sense
  • Open Settings.ini
  • Insert the following line in the section [Settings 7]:

DocumentDirectory=C:\temp (Or wherever you want)

• Remember to have an empty line below or insert it as first entry, otherwise the settings won't apply.
  • Restart the Qlik Sense Desktop

Also - you can still get started with Qlik Sense by using it in the Qlik Cloud. You can learn more here:

New to Qlik Sense Cloud Videos

Other videos to help you get started: New to Qlik Sense Videos

Let us know how you do and please mark the appropriate replies as correct - if they solved your problem.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I'm on Windows 8.1 Pro.

I'll try the suggestion after the weekend.

Paul

Not applicable
Author

Seems to work now, but the demo apps do not appear anymore.

I suppose I have to move some files.