cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting: PowerPoint Page feature with Multiple Field Values not working

Hi everyone,

I am having a difficulty regarding the Page feature of the NPrinting PowerPoint template.

I want to cycle a slide through a combination of two fields.

I did exactly the instructions of the following site:

http://community.vizubi.com/knowledgebase/articles/346263-how-to-use-pages-to-generate-individual-sl...

However, when I run the Task associated with my PowerPoint Report, the Page feature is only applied to the Slides Header and not to the Chart inside it, i.e., the Fields selections are not applied. So i get multiple slides with different Headers but always the same chart.

Has anyone encountered this error? How can i resolve this?

Thanks in advance,

Susana

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Frank,

No, i am not using any triggers or alternate states.

I'm going to contact Qlik Support then.

Thank you,

Susana

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Make sure that you click 'Enter' when indicating the number of slides that you want to cycle.

Also you must be on the first slide that you want to cycle when you add the slides.

For example if the first slide is just a header and the fourth slide is a summary slide, do the following:

Your cycling slides two and three, you must be on slide two to when you type 2-3 in the slides property.

You must click 'Enter' to accept slides 2-3.

Then you can add the dimensions from your table box (as per the tutorial) to slides two and three that you want to cycle. Finally, save the template and then save the NSQ

That will do it . You will get the results that you want if you do the above. Try with a new powerpoint template just to ensure good results.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Frank,

Thank you very much for the answer, unfortunately it did not work, the pivot table still doesn't get filtered.

I followed the steps you provided and i got the same behavior.

I then tried with a differente QVW, and with this other QVW it works as expected. Any insight on this? Could there be any option in the first QVW that prevents the appropriate selections?

Thanks,

Susana

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi Susana,

Are you getting errors of any kind when creating the report?

Do you have triggers or alternate states in your QVW. Alternate states and triggers are not supported in NPrinting. NPrinting can only report on the default state of the document and triggers can cause unpredictable report results.

Check these for now and if you continue to experience issues, I suggest generating a ticket with the Qlik Support Desk to continue the troubleshooting effort if needed.

Qlik Support

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
guilherme_olive
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Susana,

Simple question. Your chart is Attached ?

Maybe your chart is not attached.

Click the right mouse button on your chart and see if the Attach option exists. If exist, click Attach.

Chart.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Guilherme,

The Chart is attached.

But it is a good idea to always check that anyways, i didn't remember, thanks.

Best regards,

Susana

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Frank,

No, i am not using any triggers or alternate states.

I'm going to contact Qlik Support then.

Thank you,

Susana

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Greetings everyone,

Apparently i am having this issue, because my Dimensions are "Mixed" as Data Type, and NPrinting only works with Dimensions that are Numbers or Integers in this case.