Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Access Denied - No Server Cal (this is red herring i think)

I have a test document that uses section access. The USERID for the section access is different than my NT account name that i am using. THe server is enterprise edition and has 14 unused named user cals that are dynamically allocated. The security settings has "prohibit" anonomyous logins and we use NTFS to control "file" access.

I can open this test document using the thick client and enter my ADMIN test USERID (section access) and all is good. When i hit the web server, QV asks for my windows NT credentials to authenticate (prohibit anonymous) and i enter them; this is all good too -> now I can see my test document in the accesspoint..

Now for the problem, when I click on that document, it engages section access (this is good so far...) by throwing a dialogue box that ask for USER IDENTIFICATION. THis is expected because my NT account is not valid with the configuration of my section access. I only have USERID and ACCESS in the section access table data load. When i enter ADMIN (my good and working section access USERID), QV complains "Access Denied. The server has no USER CAL for your account". I

But i have lots of available USER CALS? 14 avaialble to be exact. What is wrong?

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just wanted to add that i tried this on another server with exactly the same results (undesirable results...). Is there an issue with logging into a NT with one account, accessing accesspoint and then entering another "User id " for section access?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tried a third server and it works which is a little nutty.

This server is running small business edition server but otherwise the QVS config is the same as the other two servers...prohibit anonymous and NTFS. I am using the same test application / document of course. The only real difference is that the third server is an 32bit XP operating system and it not on a domain. The administrator account is the service account and my test account is also local (of cousrse...no domain). So really the differences are not on the QVS setup. Just the OS really. Any ideas why this might not work on the other servers? Could it have anything to do with having a local account as the service account (it should'nt but...).