Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashishpalkar
Creator III
Creator III

Expression formula in script

Hi There

I am looking to write following expression formula at script level...but getting error..

IF(Country='US','N/A',sum({$<MNTH={'-16'}>} [Revenue]))

Thanks in advance

3 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is caused by the numerous single quotes in your expression. When you try to assign this value to a variable, the quotes get messed up.

There is a number of ways to overcome this problem:

1. Replace single quotes with CHR(39) and concatenate them into your formula - this is quite ugly and messy.

2. Use function REPLACE() and replace your single quotes with another unique character (for example, tilde ~) and then replace tilde with a single quote when assigning it to the variable.

3. Export your multiple expressions into an external text file, then load the external file into QlikView and create variables dynamically using the peek() function.

Check out my new book QlikView Your Business. In the book, you will learn and exercise with a lot of details, how to export your expressions into a text file and how to create them as variables.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Check out my new book QlikView Your Business: An expert guide to Business Discovery with QlikView an...

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can't use Set Analysis at script level and you need to use a GROUP BY clause when you are using aggregation functions.

To help you with your request, you would need to provide more information about the context your expression is used in the chart (i.e. what are the dimensions used). If you are using fields in dimension / expression that are not located in the same table in the data model,  more detailed information about your data model would also be needed.

Finally, since your sum() aggregation will react to changed selections  in the default set {$}, consider that aggregating values in the script provide static aggregates only.

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

You can't do the set expression in Script.

You need to do the Aggregation in script Like

Load Dim,

sum(measure)

Resident Table Group by Dim;

Can you explain your need? or can you post the sample?