Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nam
Former Employee
Former Employee

How to document chain based on Sheet opening (Not Button)

Hi Guys

Just need some thoughts on creating document chaining when user opens a particular sheet by clicking on the sheet header (on sheet activate).

The open URL action is only available on button properties and not on the sheet triggers properties , has anyone else put a workaround on achieving this without using the button.

Many thanks

4 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi Naweed,

Just a thought.

May be you can create one Button (You already told without using the Button, But just a try) . e.g Object ID : BU01

Actions : OpenURL

then, goto Sheet Properties -> OnActivateSheet -> Actions -> Run Macro ->

Put the Code Like..

Sub CHECK()

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("BU01").Press

End Sub

You can hide the Button in Layout Tab -> Conditional as '0'

nam
Former Employee
Former Employee
Author

Hi Settu

Many thanks for the reply, however its Ajax only so no macros otherwise the macro could have solved the issue.

The only way I can achieve this from a look and feel perspective is if I turn off the tab row and use buttons to navigate between sheets this way I can document chain giving the user the perception of just moving to another tab.

I'm still hoping I can find a resolution for a trigger on sheet open in ajaax 

Anonymous
Not applicable

nam
Former Employee
Former Employee
Author

Many Thanks Balraj

I don't have an issue with document chaining using the prescribed method. The issue is related to Sheet level triggers not having the Open URL action, hence looking for a workaround away from the standard methods to implement something similar in ajaax without using buttons.